Join the team!
Why not bring your talents and skills to The Information Center? We’ve worked very hard to build a team of colleagues who are determined to help others and make a difference in the 34 downriver communities we serve. We are growing in dynamic new ways and recognize that the right people, offering their ideas and expertise, will help us to continue our success.
As a TIC employee, you will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package. TIC also offers an inclusive work environment committed to diversity and work/life balance, professional development opportunities, rewards and recognition for outstanding performance, and a culture that advocates community outreach. The following are some of the benefits we currently offer to eligible employees:
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits: TIC offers a comprehensive plan through Blue Care Network. We offer coverage for the individual with low premium cost. Coverage starts 90 days after the first date of employment.
· Financial Security: TIC provides its full-time staff members with basic life, accidental death and dismemberment, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
· Retirement Plans: We offer a generous 401(k) plan for all our staff members. Once an employee is eligible to enroll in our retirement program, the agency contributes to the staff member’s account regardless of the staff member’s active participation.
· Paid Time Off: We offer a program for full time staff that combines vacation, sick, and personal time off into one category. Full time employees start accruing time upon hire.
· Recognized Holidays: We recognize 12 holidays during the calendar year. They are: New Year’s Day, MLK day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and one Floating Holiday.
The Hiring Process
You are encouraged to review the vacant jobs that are posted on our Job Board and apply for any that are of interest and for which you qualify. If we agree that there is a potential match, you will be invited for an interview. We do not accept unsolicited applications and encourage interested job seekers to apply only for vacant positions. If you do not have a personal access to the internet, access is available at your local library and all Michigan Works! Offices.
To view our open positions please click the link below:
In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, height, weight, political or union affiliation, disability or any factor prohibited by law.